Thursday, December 5, 2019

D-link DIR-628 connection dropouts

Problems

I am using a D-link DIR-628 and experiencing regular Wireless signal dropout. It is occurring on multiple wireless devices in my home, including a Macbook, an iPad, and an iPhone. It is hard for them to connect to the router when I come back home, and it frequently loses connection thereafter.
I am sure there is no problem of the incoming internet because my desktop that connects the internet via ethernet never dropouts. BTW, I am using a 5GHz wireless network, so there shouldn’t be many conflicts.

Suggestions

  • Ensure DNS IP addresses are being filled in under Setup/Internet/Manual.
  • Turn off ALL QoS GameFuel options under Advanced/QoS or Gamefuel.
  • Turn off Advanced DNS Services if you have this option under Setup/Internet/Manual.
  • Turn on DNS Relay under Setup/Networking.
  • Setup DHCP reserved IP addresses for all devices on the router under Setup/Networking
  • Set Firewall settings to Endpoint Independent for TCP and UDP.

No comments:

Post a Comment